About the Chamber
What's the Chamber all about? We'll let our members tell you.
The mission of the mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce is to foster a business environment that promotes business development, supports established businesses and encourages new businesses and investment within the Town of Mammoth Lakes.
We represent more than 220 businesses, everyone from the solo entrepreneur to the biggest employers and economic generators in town. An annual Chamber membership starts at $250 and has the potential to return more than $4,000 in benefits to your business.
The Chamber serves as the primary source of support and resource for a resilient year-round business community through the following goals and objectives.
Creating a strong, vibrant local economy
Helping our members grow their businesses and their networks:
Holding educational workshops for businesses through our Power Lunch series
- Creating a formal survey program to identify the business community's issues and challenges and develop strategies to address those issues
- Establishing the Chamber's website and email newsletter as the go-to business resource for the Mammoth Lakes business community
- Pursuing opportunities to diversify our economy, especially through Digital 395 broadband access
- Promoting and advocating for our local tourism industry with programs like our customer service training series designed to elevate the visitor's experience when interacting with business owners and staff
- Establishing a mentor program to pair established businesses with new businesses for guidance along the way
- Providing members with quality networking and advertising opportunities to market their businesses
- Encouraging member participation in the thriving Chamber community
Being an active and effective partner with local and regional economic development organizations:
- Continuing relationships with local and regional economic/workforce development agencies: the Small Business Administration, SCORE, the Small Business Development Center of Bakersfield, the Town of Mammoth Lakes, Mono County, Sierra Business Council, Cerro Coso Community College, eastern sierra Workforce Investment Board, Mammoth Unified School District and more
- Being a concierge of partner programs to the business community
- Developing partnerships with other Chambers in the Eastern Sierra
Being the voice for the business community
- Ensuring the Chamber and the local business community are represented at Town Council meetings
- Establishing/continuing relationships with elected officials: local, regional and national
- Positioning the Chamber as the local leader in economic and workforce development solutions in Mammoth Lakes
- Partnering with local agencies for economic/workforce projects to expand the reach and impact of programs
- Providing leadership for the Mammoth Lakes business community concerning the development of workforce housing
Working with members to be a sustainable leader for the business community
- Working consistently with the membership committee to review membership requirements, levels and benefits to best serve the ever-changing Mammoth Lakes business community
- Reviewing existing non-dues income programs and identifying new non-dues income programs
- Communicating opportunities to the membership for involvement in committees and task forces to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization
- Developing a 5-year plan for the Mammoth Lakes Chamber to thrive and grow to continue serving as the primary advocate for businesses in Mammoth Lakes
The Mammoth Lakes Chamber has an elected board of directors that meets on the second Wednesday of each month from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Chamber office's conference room at 2520 Main Street. The Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit 501(c)(6) corporation.
About the Chamber