Restaurant Assistant Manager - Mammoth Lakes, CA
Elixir Assistant Manager
Elixir Superfood & Juice is a fast-casual, health-focused restaurant in beautiful Mammoth Lakes, CA. It’s all in the name; Elixir is defined as “a preparation supposedly able to prolong life indefinitely.” While we may not live forever, we want our customers to live a healthy and happy life. We believe food is the best form of medicine and the choices we make about what we eat have a direct and powerful impact on the well-being of individuals, our community, and the environment.
Every great team is led by a great leader. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader with a focus on exceptional customer service and results. Your responsibilities include everything from mentoring team members to managing front and back out the house operations while creating the ultimate guest experience. You are ambitious - never a bystander. You take action to make a positive difference every day, and you inspire others to do the same. You are a quick thinker, a problem solver, a skilled communicator, and an exceptional motivator.
Some responsibilities include:
- Serving as the right hand to the General Manager
- Opening and closing of the restaurant, including Cash and Point of Sale Handling: opening and/or closing cash drawers, tip collection, refunds, voids, etc.
- Informed on managerial duties like scheduling and ordering.
- Responsible for general store atmosphere, vibes, maintenance, and wellbeing.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Train and coach new team members by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Train existing Team Members on standards, new processes/procedures and seasonal changes
- Provides food & Elixir products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Ensuring that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently.
- Maintaining food service and production levels by leading strong BOH and FOH execution.
- Contributing ideas, thoughts, and solutions that result in increased productivity, higher retention, and improved operations.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- 2+ years in a restaurant management role
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- A passion for food and restaurant operations
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach and mentor team partners with professional maturity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are important in dealing with both customers and staff.
- Availability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays
- Legal documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the country in which you apply.
- Ability to work full time (the work regularly demands in excess of 40 hours per week) including variable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and/ or holidays.
- A friendly, positive work environment where you can be your best self, work collaboratively, and have fun
- Competitive wages
- A clear career path with training and growth opportunities
- Generous discounts on healthy food
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you through food and connection.
- Flexible scheduling, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
Year Round vs. Seasonal: Year Round
Full-time vs. Part-time: Full-time