We're looking for an experienced accounting professional to join our team in the role of Accounting Manager. This position will play a key role in the day-to-day management of the Town’s Finance Department, providing a high level of support to the Administrative Services/Finance Director.
In this role, you will plan, organize, and manage the day-to-day activities of complex accounting functions required to maintain the Town’s financial records, ensuring accuracy and transparency; you will perform complex accounting analysis of financial statements, general ledger account, and cash reconciliations; and be responsible for management of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash reconciliation systems, with occasional work assisting the revenue team with Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) and Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) collection and enforcement.
If you want to serve our local community and be a part of the changing face of local government, apply now!
$82,538 - $107,300 (increasing by 2.5% July 2021)
The Town of Mammoth Lakes recognizes the importance of a good work/life balance and offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- CalPERS retirement (2.7% @ age 55 for Classic members; 2% @ age 62 for PEPRA members)
- Comprehensive leave beginning at five weeks accrued per year
- Twelve paid municipal holidays per year
- 80 hours administrative leave per FY
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and eligible dependents
- Generous vision and dental reimbursement program ($1,500 per employee, $800 per dependent, per FY)
- Employer contributions to 457 deferred compensation plan
- Option to work an alternative work schedule
- Eligibility for education reimbursement
*Potential temporary housing available for successful candidate.
Year Round vs. Seasonal: Year Round
Full-time vs. Part-time: Full-time