Retail Associate Seasonal Full/Part time positions Mammoth Lakes
The Eastern Sierra Interpretive Association is looking for seasonal retail associates at our bookstore in the Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center. Our seasonal operations typically last April through October. Ideal candidates possess a passion for the Eastern Sierra, enjoy talking to people, and have an interest in learning more about our region.
This is an entry level position. Employee benefits.
Nature of this position:
- Provide exceptional customer service and assist visitors by providing quality information about the Eastern Sierra
- Cash handling, ringing up customers, opening and/or closing registers
- Receiving product, labeling, stocking shelves
- Recruit members for our ESIA membership program
- Work in collaboration with other ESIA staff members, U.S. Forest service staff and U.S. National Park Service staff
- Perform opening and/or closing duties
- Perform basic housekeeping such as sweeping/mopping floors, dusting surfaces, washing windows, cleaning toilets, or making minor repairs to equipment/furnishings.
Our mission is to educate and inspire people about Eastern Sierra public lands through high quality interpretive products, exhibits, and programs.
We operate outstanding bookstores, cooperate with our public land management partners to operate successful visitor centers, and provide high quality interpretive programs, exhibits, and publications throughout the Eastern Sierra. We do all this to educate and inspire people about this region, to encourage them to get to know the area better, and to enable everyone to be effective stewards of these resources.
Year Round vs. Seasonal: Seasonal
Full-time vs. Part-time: Full-time,Part-time