Retail Sales Associate
You will maintain the store philosophy and ensure exemplary service; assist customers with product selection, escort them to different departments and answer any questions they may have regarding the outdoor industry and local accommodations.
- Strong customer service skills
- Passion for the outdoor industry
- Can build and maintain relationships with customers
- Willing to take initiative
- Desire to be a part of a cohesive team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Solid multi-tasking skills
- The capacity to grasp new concepts quickly and fully
- Welcome customers by greeting them as soon as they walk in; offer assistance.
- Direct customers to different departments ensuring their needs are met.
- Share features and benefits of products, has a good knowledge of all inventory.
- Helps customers make selections by building customer confidence; offers suggestions/opinions.
- Arrange and maintain all level of merchandise.
- Pulls product from back stock when running low on the floor.
- General housekeeping.
- Stockroom straightening and organization.
- Process payments by totaling purchases; process checks, cash, gift cards and credit cards.
- Has knowledge of local hiking/biking trails; can suggest different options to customers.
- Participates in ALL opening/closing procedures (except verifying registers):
- Bringing in/out the bike rental fleet
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Wipe down counters
- Straightening up retail and bike shop clothing/fixtures
Year Round vs. Seasonal: Year Round,Seasonal
Full-time vs. Part-time: Full-time,Part-time