Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
Ribbon cutting ceremonies mark significant moments for a business. Whether celebrating the opening of a new business, an expansion or a relocation, the Mammoth Lakes Chamber is excited about your success. As a benefit of membership, we're proud to offer assistance in this momentous occasion.
Reasons to celebrate with a ribbon cutting:
- New business/grand opening
- New ownership of an existing business
- New look (extensive renovations)
- New location
What you need to know:
- Ribbon cuttings should be scheduled with Chamber staff at least 30 days before the event.
- Ribbon cuttings are held on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons at 4:00 or 4:30 p.m.
- The business must be a Chamber member in good standing as of the scheduling of the event.
- Non-members can schedule a ribbon cutting for $150.
What we do:
- Provide official ribbon cutting scissors and ribbon
- Include information about the ribbon cutting in our weekly email newsletter and on our Facebook page
- Invite local media and leaders to attend
- Invite our board members and host/ambassador committee to attend
What you need to do:
- Secure the date at least 30 days in advance with Chamber staff.
- Invite your community of supporters - friends, family, clients, customers, neighbors, stakeholders, etc. to join you to celebrate the occasion.
- Optional: provide food/drinks for attendees -- some businesses do a ribbon cutting in conjunction with a grand opening or reception, but it's not required.
- Be prepared to show off your business to attendees.
- Get excited to hold/cut the ribbon and cheer after the scissors snip!
Chamber representatives will take photos to be used throughout the year in marketing materials. Chamber staff will submit ribbon cutting photos to local news media. If you have any questions, contact us.
Start My Business