Celebrate your new business with the Mammoth Lakes community
Ribbon cutting ceremonies mark significant moments for a business. Whether celebrating the opening of a new business, an expansion or a relocation, the Mammoth Lakes Chamber is excited about your success. As a benefit of membership, we're proud to offer assistance in this momentous occasion.
- New business/grand opening
- New ownership of an existing business
- New look (extensive renovations)
- New location
- Ribbon cuttings should be scheduled with Chamber staff at least 30 days before the event.
- Ribbon cuttings are typically held on Thursday afternoons at 4:00 or 4:30 p.m.
- The business must be a Chamber member in good standing as of the scheduling of the event.
- Non-members can schedule a ribbon cutting for $150.
- Provide official ribbon cutting scissors and ribbon
- Include information about the ribbon cutting in our weekly email newsletter and on our Facebook page
- Invite local media, leaders and our board members to attend
- Chamber representatives will take photos to be used throughout the year in marketing materials.
- Ribbon cutting photos will be submitted to local news media.
- Secure the date at least 30 days in advance with Chamber staff.
- Invite your community of supporters - friends, family, clients, customers, neighbors, stakeholders, etc. to join you to celebrate the occasion.
- Optional: provide food/drinks for attendees -- some businesses do a ribbon cutting in conjunction with a grand opening or reception, but it's not required.
- Be prepared to show off your business to attendees.
- Get excited to hold/cut the ribbon and cheer after the scissors snip!