Winter Weather Resources For Mammoth Lakes
March 9, 2023
This is the season that just won't quit! Below are resources to get the latest up-to-date information on weather, road closures, and updates from the Town of Mammoth Lakes, Mono County, Mammoth Mountain, and public transportation. We recommend bookmarking these resources for quick access and following on social media for the latest updates.
Resources for Mammoth Lakes Residents & Businesses
Snow Load Damage Assessment Form
The Town of Mammoth Lakes (TOML) and the Mono County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is collating a list of residential property/business owners or renters who have a critical need to clear their roofs from excessive snow and/or to gain access and clear their propane tank as a primary heating source. The Town will prioritize the requests based on critical life safety needs and will contact the individual with further information if resources become available. If you need assistance, please complete and submit the form online.
The collected data will be used to estimate total damages countywide and determine if enough damage occurred to qualify the region for disaster assistance, such as low interest disaster loans from the Small Business Administration for those who are uninsured or underinsured. Completing the form does not guarantee the region or the property owner will be eligible to receive disaster assistance.
Mono County OEM is hoping to collect information from local businesses and residents on damages and other unmet needs no later than Saturday, April 15, 2023.
In addition, TOML has provided information regarding building damage resulting from heavy snow and potential contractors that can assist with snow removal. Find that information here.
CalFresh Benefit Replacement
Attention CalFresh Recipients: If you have lost food due to the power outage, you may be eligible for Replacement CalFresh!
Get up to 1 month of benefits to replace lost food!
You can request replacement CalFresh benefits if your food spoiled due to:
- Power outage lasting longer than 4
- There was damage from a fire, flood, or
- Utilities were shut off (for any reason).
- Freezer or refrigerator stopped
You have up to 10 days after the food was lost to request your replacement benefits.
For the latest up-to-date information on highway conditions visit CalTrans. Below are direct links to helpful CalTrans resources
- Check Current Highway Conditions
- Enter the Highway Number to find the current reported traffic restrictions.
- Live Traffic Cameras
- Chain Requirement Levels
- When chain controls are established, signs will be posted along the road indicating the type of requirement.
- Please use chain-up stations to install chains beforehand, to avoid getting stuck.
- Follow CalTrans District 9 on Facebook for the latest Mammoth Lakes area updates.
Town of Mammoth Lakes
During natural emergencies, Mono County regularly releases READY Mono Situation Reports and Mono County Alerts that include current information related to the winter storm series.
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area
During winter storms operations on the mountain can be affected. Mammoth Mountain shares all the latest up-to-date information on its Instagram.
- Follow Mammoth Mountain
Mammoth Lakes Public Transportation
- Mammoth Lakes Purple Line Bus
- Purple Line goes from Vons (Supermarket) to the Village, stopping at the Mammoth Hospital, RV Park, and Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center!
- Eastern Sierra Transit