How to host a Successful Ribbon Cutting
June 1, 2023
A Ribbon Cutting is a great way to kick off your Chamber Membership! Ribbon Cuttings and Groundbreaking Ceremonies provide an avenue to market your business to those who may not have visited or heard of you before.
Most Common Reasons to Host a Ribbon Cutting
- You recently joined the Chamber
- You have opened your business or moved locations
- The business is under new ownership/management
- You have expanded or remodeled your facility
- The Business is celebrating a milestone anniversary
For Every Ribbon Cutting the Mammoth Lakes Chamber Will
- Post the event on the Event Calendar
- Share event information through the newsletter & social media
- Provide ceremonial scissors & ribbon during the event
- Publish photos of the event on the Chamber’s social media and weekly newsletter
Making the Most of a Ribbon Cutting
CHOOSE YOUR TIME WISELY
Before finalizing the ceremony date, contact the Mammoth Lakes Chamber to reserve a date and time. Check our events calendar for upcoming events that might coincide with your ribbon-cutting ceremony. Please choose a time when most people are on a break from their everyday routines (like over lunch or after work hours.)
GET THE WORD OUT
Send a personalized email invite to clients, customers, vendors, family, and friends. Ask your family and friends to pass the message to their family and friends. Be sure to post regularly on social media and share your Ribbon Cutting event details. Take some photos of the event preparation and build interesting content around those.
SERVE FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
Create a welcoming environment and consider serving drinks and appetizers (water, soda, alcoholic beverages, charcuterie boards, or other easy finger foods).
This is your chance to market & influence those attending! Don’t miss the opportunity to hand out coupons or marketing materials.